Neck pain is one of the most common muscle pains both adults and younger one experience. it can be the consequence of day – to day stress, injury, poor posture, heavy exercise, wrong sleeping position or certain medical condition. This simple pain can also hamper your daily activities.
If your pain is not due to any medical condition or serious injury, you can try some natural remedies. Unlike traditional painkiller, these remedies are absolutely safe and free from side effects.
There are a good variety of natural ingredients which are available in every home, can leave the amazing result in treating this irritating neck pain. Among them here are 5 natural remedies you can try :
- Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is one of the most effective natural remedies for neck pain. It leaves wonderful result, especially with massage therapy. Massage aids in reducing muscle tense and sleeping better. This oil contains relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve neck pain. The soothing fragrance of lavender oil helps in relaxing muscles and thus removes stress.
- Take a few drops of Lavender oil in your palm, rub well and then massage gently into the neck area.
- Keep massaging for 5-8 minutes.
If you wish, you can use this formula twice a day.
- Epsom salt bath
Epsom salt is another ingredient that has amazing healing power. Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate that aids in blood circulation and muscle relaxation. That’s why taking a bath with Epsom salt results in reducing stress and immediate pain relief.
- Fill three-fourths of your bathtub with warm water. Then add 2 cups of Epsom salt into it.
- Mix the salt and soak yourself, especially neck, in this water for 10 to 15 minutes.
If necessary, you can follow this method twice a day.
- Neck exercise
There are a good number of light exercises that are effective in reducing neck aches. Exercise makes neck muscles stronger and removes anxiety. Here remember one thing, applying moist heat gives better output.
The following two exercises are very effective in reducing neck pain.
- Rotate your neck slowly both in clockwise and anti-clockwise motion so that stressed muscle can stretch out. This stretching supports your neck loosen up and feel better.
- Moving neck side to side or back and forth is also beneficial for a distressed neck.
Do any of these exercises 5 times at a stretch and thrice a day. If you feel too much discomfort, visit a doctor.
- Cold compress
Applying cold compress is another natural remedy for neck pain that improves blood flow and helps get rid of muscle soreness.
- Pick an ice pack or crush some ice cubes and wrap in a cloth.
- Then place it on the affected area. While using ice pack, cool it before placing.
- Keep it for a few minutes.
You can apply this method 3-4 times a day.
Ginger is also fruitful in treating neck pain. It contains anti-inflammatory proportion which improves blood circulation and blood flow in the neck area.
- Grate a piece of ginger and take 3 tablespoons in a cloth.
- Then put it in hot water for around a minute. Cool it and place in the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes.
You can use this remedy few times in a day.
However, these proven natural remedies will surely help you get rid of annoying neck pain. Next time, whenever you experience a neck problem, consider these remedies to get relief. And in case you want to get rid of the pain instantly, you can go for a painkiller with low side effects. I would personally go and buy co-dydramol. Sometimes pain becomes unbearable and lefts you with no other option but to go for a painkiller. For an example toothache, period pain, and headache are irritating kinds of pain. In such scenarios, the pain gets on your nerves ,and it would be pretty hard to go for some home remedy and wait for the result. So instead of wasting time, take a painkiller. But to get rid of the pain permanently, it’s highly recommended that you should use these remedies on permanent bases.